Umang Foundation Trust, in its commitment to making a positive impact on the lives of underprivileged children, celebrated Republic Day with the students of Zilla Parishad School in Shahpur, a remote village nestled in the heart of Talwade District. The school, surrounded by jungle, faces challenges related to limited resources and transportation, forcing the students to embark on a 4-kilometer journey from their homes to the school daily. The Republic Day celebration aimed not only to mark the significance of the day but also to bring joy, hope, and a sense of community to these young learners.
The celebration unfolded in the school ground, where 55 students from the school, along with a few villagers, gathered to participate in the joyous occasion. The event commenced with a symbolic parade, where the students marched proudly from their homes towards the school, showcasing unity and patriotism.
The principal, along with the team of Umang Foundation Trust, hoisted the national flag, setting the tone for a day filled with cultural performances and festivities. The atmosphere was charged with enthusiasm as the students, with the guidance of their teachers, showcased their talents through a variety of performances with started with
1. Lezim Performance: The rhythmic beats of the Lezim, a traditional Maharashtra folk dance form, echoed through the school grounds, symbolizing the rich cultural heritage of the region. The highlight of this performance where the showcase of messages written by the students.
2. श्री सन्मान तू अभिमान (Act): A thought-provoking act was presented, conveying a powerful message about the importance of self-respect and pride of women in small acts related to Education of Girl child, use of plastic, Girl marriage, Farmer’s life, and Eradication of Superstition in Society.
3. भीम गीत & नऊवारी (Dance):
A vibrant dance performance highlighted the significance of the cultural diversity of Maharashtra.
4. विंचू चावला विंचू चावला विंचू चावला (Poetry): The students eloquently recited a poignant poem, emphasizing the values of perseverance and determination.
5. दौडत दौडत बाल शिवाजी (Group Singing): A heartwarming group singing performance celebrating the spirit of childhood, accompanied by the iconic tales of Shivaji Maharaj.
6. शिवरायांच्या छायेखाली मुळीच नव्हती वाण (Group Singing): Another group singing performance that transported the audience to the times of Shivaji Maharaj, showcasing the cultural richness of Maharashtra.
Each performance was not just a showcase of talent but carried a deeper, meaningful message for everyone present, fostering a sense of pride and belonging.
As the day concluded, the festivities extended beyond performances. We distributed snacks and gifts to all the children, adding an extra layer of joy to the celebration. The smiles on the faces of the children and the gratitude expressed by the villagers reflected the success of the event in creating a positive impact on the community.
Umang Foundation Trust's Republic Day celebration at Zilla Parishad School, Shahpur was more than just an event; it was a gesture of solidarity, compassion, and hope. By bringing joy and cultural enrichment to the lives of these underprivileged children, We not only celebrated a national occasion but has also sown the seeds of inspiration and empowerment. Such initiatives serve as a beacon of light, demonstrating the transformative power of community-driven efforts in making a lasting difference in the lives of those who need it the most.
Support the students of Zilla Parishad school, Shahpur with stationery and study materials to reach their goals. https://www.umangfoundationtrust.org/outreach-program